Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Should I laugh or cry?

Do you ever have those moments? Those times where you aren't sure whether you should be rolling in laughter or crying your eyes out? Those moments where whats happening to you just can't be reality? Well, let me tell you about the day I had on Saturday.

Now, unfortunately for me, I work most Saturday's and let me tell you, it blows! As if I want to be working retail on a Saturday with people and there complaining when I could be home cuddled up in bed instead. Anyways, This are going to get worse. The night before I had to literally dig my car out of my parking spot since, you know, I don't have a garage. The stupid snow plow embedded my car in snow. There was snow jammed up in my grill, literally! So, on Saturday morning I go to turn on my car and it starts. I go to put it in drive and it stalls. I keep cranking and after about 4 cranks, it finally starts. After driving around and finally getting to work, I pull into my spot and go to turn off my car. I get out and I start wondering why there is still smoke coming out to my freaking exhaust. I finally realize that my car is still running even though the car appears to be off. I get back in and my car still won't turn off. After about 30 minutes playing around with it a dude comes over to help. He begins fiddling with a bunch of things under the hood and suddenly my car starts smoking. Although I appreciated his help, at this point I so frustrated I just want to wring his neck! Holding back my flying punches I finally calm down. He tell me I should take my car to a Walmart in the plaza as soon as possible. He also tell me that it's not a good idea to push the gas peddle hard. Even though the Walmart is in the same plaza, it feels like an eternity getting there and I am so paranoid that my car is going to blow up I am barely pressing the gas. I get there and in a panic, tell them my story. The lady, who seems unconcerned, tells me that they don't have a mechanic on site, that they only deal with batteries, tires and lube. At this point, I wanted to throw my hands in the air saying 'Gee! Thanks Lady!' but instead I literally run out the doors. And let me tell you, I don't run unless my butts on fire. I cross to the Canadian Tire across the street. As I am driving along and looking for the garage. I realized I passed it and needed to turn around. Let me explain first, The parking lot is buzzing since it's a Saturday morning and most of the parking lot is packed with about a foot and a half of snow from the night before. Since the parking lot was too busy to make a 3 point turn, I only had one option. I was going to have to face the snow filled parking lot. I try to follow the tire marks as I go along. In a panic state, I get stuck...in the middle of the parking lot...right next to a Police car...I am so over concerned that my car is going to explode I jump out and after telling the police car why my car was idling, I began my trek through the parking lot to the garage. By the time I reached the door I am totally out breathe and as I stood there waiting forever to speak with someone, two things crossed my mind, first, why the crap is this happening to me? and second, I should have gotten frigging snow tires! After a brief moment filled with nausea, heartburn and sheer panic I finally talk to someone. After explaining my issues to the mechanic and him checking things out he tells me to go back to my mechanic and get them to fix it. So, i drive my car to my mechanic and after waiting 15 minutes for them to figure out what is going on with my stupid car, it's fixed. I head back to work and everything seems fine. But as I turn into my plaza my gas tank reads 1/2 full when I know full well that I was on empty. Suddenly my radio funks out and then my windshield wipers slowly start to rise. Something is defiantly wrong! I turn the corner and my car seems to be dying. After getting to my spot, my car conks out! I literally sit there for 5 minutes laughing/crying because i actually can't believe this is happening. When does this happen in real life? What did i do to deserve this?

I think that was possibly the worse day i have had in a long time! It was one of those days where you feel every feeling possible. A feeling of puking, fainting, crying, laughing and needing a hard drink...

No comments:

Post a Comment