Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life Update & Mindless jibber jabber

Hello everyone,

           Longtime, no write, I know but life has been utter ciaos let me tell you. I lost interest in the 'saving' and 'paying bills' aspect when my bills went under control. I am still working at it but things are consistent and working out for the better these days. Today, I am going to give you a little update on my life recently. Let me warn you, some things will shock you. Let me start....

Around April, my 70 year old father was admitted into a long term care facility due to dementia and other diseases. This was not easy for anyone. Prior to his admittence, he was getting into everything, falling down stairs, soiling clothes and his bed and such. My mother suffers from her own illnesses and disabilities and this made things extra difficult for myself and my sister. When he was admitted, I think we all went through a little guilt over the fact that people accused us of "shoving him in a home". Some people (including family members) thought it was a way of reliving ourselves of the responsibility. It's easy to feel like maybe deep down inside that is the reason. After talking to eachother and praying alot, we came to a conclusion. No one knows the circumstances of our life. Some family member even turn their back on the fact and pretend that we are the ones with the wrong ideas. Trying to explain our feelings to people is like trying to decribe the color green. Unless you see for yourself, nothing will make sense.

Now, prepare yourself for the story of the summer. Many of my friends already know about this story but here it is for those of you who may not know. The beginning of July, my sister, mom and myself decided to head to the beach. The beach we go to is about an hour from where we live. Now my car was never in the greatest shape but we never though things would go this bad. As I drove up the highway about 30 minutes from house, I see that my battery light is flickering. I make the executive decision that I am going to pull to the side for fear that my car will break down in the middle of the highway. So, s I check my rearview mirror to get over, I see billowing smoke coming from the back end of my car. as I put the car in park and turn of the engine, smoke beins to seep through my air vents. That was clear sign that we needed to get out. We all got out and as we walk away from the car, I notice flames sitting at the base of my car. For some reason my first reaction was the pop the hood and just as I was abut the run for it, my mom grabs my arm and says we need to run the other way. I listened and I am glad we did because at that moment the car consumed with flames. My heart sank! I had left my cell in the car and starting panicing because someone clearly needed to call the fire department. I started frantically waving people down and no one would stop! I mean no one! People are real jerks sometime. Like they see three frantic women and a car on fire and they wont stop. I have a word for people like that but lets keep it PG. Finally a lady stops, rolls down the window and tell us to get in. She starts reversing....and as we move away, my car is engolfed. I think at that moment, I wanted to cry but the tears werent coming. Partly because we could have been killed if we had waited a moment longer to get out of that car. And also because my car was in flames and I was helpless. That car was alot to us. It was the first reliable car my parents could ever afford, it had been my mode of work transport for 7 years and now it was gone. Alot happened that day, but this post would go on for days. First there was panic, then shock and then tears. I miss my old car and the bus life sucks, but i am glad we all made it out alive.

Also, we moved! After 23 years in our town house we moved. It was crazy leaving that old place! There were so many memories in that shack. I was not as upset leaving as I thought I would be but at one point I did have a nervous breakdown about how small my room was. But that was it.

Anyways guys, that's all for today. The last 6 months have been a journey but I always remeber this, life will get crazy but sometimes the crazier the life, the better the stories. ;)

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment